"Laid-back Livingstone" Top 5 Page for this destination Livingstone by PierreZA
Livingstone Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 537 photos
The vibrant, but also laid-back town of Livingstone is a pleasant surprise. I visited this Zambian gateway to Victoria Falls as a day trip from Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe).
The central part of the city is easy to negotiate. We started our visit at the Central City Market. This is a busy and exciting place to get a feeling for the town of Livingstone.
It is easy to walk around the central part of the city.
When looking towards the Falls down Mosi-oa-Tunya Street, you can see the ‘Smoke’ of the Falls, standing outside the Livingstone Museum.
I did not spend enough time n Livingstone, and would like to go back for more.
Visit the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
Haggle with craft sellers at the Falls
Visit the Central City Market
Spend time at the Livingstone Museum
Walk around town
- In a nutshell:A pleasant surprise
This is information about money in Zambia You can use US $, Euro, British Pound, South African Rands or Kwachas to pay... more travel advice
We took one of the Blue taxis from the Park to Livingstone Town. It is about 10 km and takes only 10 minutes. There are... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Livingstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Livingstone – The Smoke that Thunders"
- "NOT NICE, BUT THE ECONOMY WORKS"
- "A pleasant, small, welcoming town"
- "Laid-back Livingstone"
- "Livingstone town"
- "Primary Attraction is the Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Livingstone
- Hotels in Livingstone
- Transportation in Livingstone
- Nightlife in Livingstone
- Restaurants in Livingstone
- Shopping in Livingstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Livingstone
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jerez de la Frontera
- Rice Lake Hotels
- Wecoma Beach Hotels
- Zions View Hotels
- Manapla Hotels
- San Jose del Monte Hotels
- Muddus Nationalpark
- Keaukaha Hotels
- Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Shenandoah National Park
- Rancho Mirage
- Province of Ilocos Norte
Badges & Stats in Livingstone
- 9 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Livingstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Livingstone
Photos in LivingstoneSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Livingstone hotel reviews
- Zambezi Sun
- 506 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Jollyboys International Backpackers
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Thorn Tree River Lodge
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- Fawlty Towers International Backpackers Lodge
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Royal Livingstone
- 578 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Chrismar Hotel
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Tongabezi Lodge
- 177 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Chanters Lodge
- 265 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Waterberry Zambezi Lodge
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Jungle Junction
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 9, 2013