"Parys on the Vaal" Parys by PierreZA
Parys Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Parys is a small town o the banks of the Vaal River, on the Free State side. It is a town worth visiting for a few reasons.
The town has many art galleries, antique shops, outdoor activities etc to offer. Despite the touristy feel, it still remains a typical South African small town.
You can visit the town for a day, but there is enough to do in and around for a weekend.
The town is also the gateway to the Vredefort Dome World Heritage Site. This site is a structure which formed millions of years ago when an asteroid collide with the earth, leaving a scar (dome) of 300km in diameter.
- In a nutshell:Go for a weekend
There are many outdoor activities offered in and around Parys. I previously done some rive rafting here, which was a... more travel advice
As with the antique shops, the quality of works on sale varies from gallery to gallery. Some of these galleries do have... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Parys Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Parys
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Parys?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parys
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos