"Capital of Burgundy" Top 5 Page for this destination Dijon by PierreZA
Dijon Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 462 photos
Dijon is the capital of Burgundy. A city not just known for mustard, but also for great architecture, food and wine. First impression as one arrives at the station, Dijon seems to be a modern city, but as you enter the centre, the medieval origins become apparent. Dijon has a large number of churches and cathedrals, including St. Bénigne, Notre-Dame, St. Étienne, and St. Michel.
It might not have the charm of the smaller Beaune, but definitely worth a visit. It does have a rich history, dating back many hundreds of years.
It is a nice experience to walk around in the central part of Dijon. There are many pedestrinized areas. It is actually... more travel advice
Beautiful old specialist mustard shop. Dijon is famous for its mustard. Maille is a very well known brand at this... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Dijon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Splendors of a Medieval and Renaissance Power"
- "THE SPLENDOURS OF THE DUKES OF BURGUNDY."
- "DIJON - the capital of the Dukes of Burgundy"
- "Capital of Burgundy"
- "Dijon - more than mustard"
- "DIJON AND BURGUNDY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dijon
- Hotels in Dijon
- Transportation in Dijon
- Nightlife in Dijon
- Restaurants in Dijon
- Shopping in Dijon
- Warnings and Dangers in Dijon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dijon
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Dijon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dijon
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos