"Melbourne" Melbourne by PierreZA
Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,490 reviews and 7,957 photos
Melbourne is the first city I visited in Australia. I was invited to attend a conference there, and was quite exited. After a very long flight to Sydney and connecting to Melbourne, it took some time to adapt to the time zone difference.
Melbourne is a great city. And get the idea that it is a city that “works” very well. It is organizes, clean and friendly.
The biggest problem would most probably be the flies!
If you stay close to the central part of the city, it is very easy to get along as the public transport is very efficient, and you can walk around very easily.
There is a lot to do and see. I wonder how many cities in the world can compete with Melbourne in many ways – as it is host to a F1 Grand Prix, Grand slam tennis open, the Melbourne cup, was host to an Olympic games, Commonwealth Games etc. It also has a lot to offer on world class level. Despite all of this, I will remember Melbourne most probably for the fantastic restaurants and cuisine. During our 1 week stay we visited many outstanding restaurants which served excellent cuisine.
2. Walk the streets of central Melbourne to get a feeling for the city.
3. A boat trip on the Yarra
4. Daytrip to the wineries of the Yarra Valley
5. Try to watch a show at one of the theatres
6. A boat trip on the Yarra
7. St Kilda
8. Many, many more
- Pros:A lot!
- Cons:The flies
- In a nutshell:First Class City
The excellent restaurants and dining is one of the higlights of Melbourne. There are so many choices. I'm sure you will... more travel advice
A very good restaurant/bistro with good service and very good food. Nice views fro the balconies. As the name suggests,... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
Photos in MelbourneSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos