"Amman" Top 5 Page for this destination Amman by PierreZA
Amman Travel Guide: 751 reviews and 1,579 photos
Many advice I got and read before visiting Jordan was that Amman is not a great city to visit.
I actually spent 3 nights there, and enjoyed it very much. There is a lot to see and do, but I actually enjoyed the vibe of the city.
Visiting the Citadel, Roman Theatre and Forum reminds you that this is actually a very old city under its modern surface.
The city offers good markets, coffee houses, street food etc.
I think Amman is a liberal city, seen in context of being a Muslim city in the Middle East.
The people of Amman are friendly and welcoming and makes the city very enjoyable.
The city was originally built on 7 hills, but has spread over several hills more recently.
It is a modern city, but the roots are old. Despite the modernity, people are still traditional in many ways. Women (and men) dress conservatively, markets in downtown Amman is as lively as it most probably was many, many years ago, coffee houses where waterpipes are smoked etc.
- In a nutshell:An enjoyable city
Jordan has a rich religious history. Located between Mecca, the holiest place on earth for Muslims, and Jerusalem, which... more travel advice
Coffee (Turkish coffee) is a strong boiled brew of cardamom flavoured coffee. It is usually served in small cups. You... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Amman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amman: the heart of Jordan"
- "Amman عمّان"
- "Amman--City of Smile"
- "Back after 8 years"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amman
- Hotels in Amman
- Transportation in Amman
- Nightlife in Amman
- Restaurants in Amman
- Shopping in Amman
- Warnings and Dangers in Amman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amman
- 23 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Amman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amman
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos