"Madaba, a Friendly Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Madaba by PierreZA
Madaba Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 451 photos
I enjoyed my two nights in Madaba very much. Staying at the Mariam Hotel does make it even better.
Madaba is a small town, close to Amman and is a good base to do several daytrips from.
In Madaba you should visit the Church of the Map, the many craft shops, the Mosque and many more.
I did not visit and see everything there is in Madaba, which is a good reason to go back. I did not visit the Archeological Park, Madaba Museum or the Church of the Apostles. All these should be worth visiting.
Madaba is also a great place to buy local crafts like rugs, carpets, mosaics etc
There are several shops in Madaba which you can visit where local handicrafts are made. This is agood opputunity to buy... more travel advice
The Golden Dome Mosque in central Madaba isvisible from almost everywhere. I had a chance to visit the mosque - and were... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Madaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madaba and Mount Nebo: a window over the Holy Land"
- "Town of mosaics"
- "An Excellent base to explore Jordan"
- "A Great Alternative to Amman"
- "Madaba, a Friendly Town"
- "Not Just the City of Mosaics"
- "Madaba - مادبا"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madaba
- Hotels in Madaba
- Transportation in Madaba
- Restaurants in Madaba
- Shopping in Madaba
- Warnings and Dangers in Madaba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madaba
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Madaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madaba
Photos in MadabaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos