"'Dulce de leche' and tango !" Buenos Aires by PierreZA

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,802 reviews and 8,933 photos

What BA is about

Buenos Aires is an enormous city. The city is devided in to 47 districts, each with its own character.
It has grand boulevards, lined with big buildings and beautiful trees.
It has an European feel, but is also distictively South American.
The 'portenos' are very friendly people.
So it is a city with history, architecture, tango, culture, friendly people and a lot of beef!
I will go back to Buenos Aires, also to explore more of Argentina.

What is on offer?

In no particular order, these were highlights for me:

1. Tango show with dinner (it is actually no.1!)
2. A guided city tour
3. Eat at a Parilla
4. Try all the forms of dulce de leche (ice cream, liquer, etc etc)
5. Visit San Telmo Sunday Market

• Last visit to Buenos Aires: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2007

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Pierre-great page here with the usual excellent pictures. Is that YOU doing the Tango???Interesting to see the famous )or infamous) balcony! Baie Dankie en groete

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Nice fotos en tips... dit lyk nogal heel European eintlik... en jy se daar is baie vleis... hmmm sounds like my kinda place... nous ek sommer honger...

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Great tips of your experiences in Buenos Aires! I too was really impressed with this very friendly and 'worldly' city.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Great page on Buenos Aires. Planning a trip there in Dec 2008. Cheers from NYC!

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Nice tips and photos. I love those colourful houses in La Boca. This is a city I really must visit.

• matt10gonzalez's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Wow...I love to go to Buenos Aires! Your tip about the dancing and watching the chaos goes by is just enticing for me! Hey! How was the cemetery? It looks really beautiful! Ooohh! I wanna go there! I wanna go there one day! :):)

• camilo74's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 9:23 AM

I love this city , always in my plans of vacations! hope to be there soon again

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Geagte Pierre!!!I am glad to hear that BAIRES was a cool trip for you. Recoleta area is a sort of Ipanema district for the city, the city atmosphere is positive and the city very vibrant. You could express the feeling in your tips! VERY COOL!! Totsiens!!!

PierreZA

“Experience, enjoy, share”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?

Latest Activity in Buenos Aires