Bandarawela Transportation Tips by PierreZA
Bandarawela Transportation: 3 reviews and 3 photos
3-wheelers - Bandarawela
Hiring a 3-wheeler with the driver is a great way of exploring. I met a very nice driver, who took me around for the 2 days in Bandarawela.
It is best to fix a price, and also what you want to see and where you want to go.
They also have a knowledge of the area, and can take you to places a bit off the beaten track - which is great.
Local Red Bus
I took one of the local red busses from Bandarawela to Matara.
The first bus left 06h10, and luckily I got a seat. The fare is very cheap (Rs 180).
The busses stop very often for passengers to get on or off. The bus drivers are quite irresponsible in the way they drive, but we did arrive safely despite a burst tyre.
The bus station in Bandarawela is along Esplanade Rd, just pass the big playing field.
I traveld to Bandarawela from Kandy by train.
The trip lasted more than 6 hours, but was enjoyable. I met many people and the scenery is beautiful.
I traveled in 2nd class, as there were no 1st class seats available. Seats were limited and the train was packed.
Bandarwela train station is close to the town.
The tickets are very cheap (it was less than 300 Rs)
More Reviews (8)
PierreZA's Related Pages
Bandarawela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandarawela & The Surrounding Hill Country"
- "Bandarawela- city overlooked by most visitors"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandarawela
- Hotels in Bandarawela
- Transportation in Bandarawela
- Restaurants in Bandarawela
- Shopping in Bandarawela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandarawela
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Bandarawela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandarawela
Photos in BandarawelaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos