"Bandarawela & The Surrounding Hill Country" Bandarawela by PierreZA
Bandarawela Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 30 photos
I arrived in Bandarawela after more than 6 hours on the train from Kandy. Taking a train trip is part of exploring the beautiful scenery of the Hill Country of Sri Lanka.
As the train slowly makes it way up the hills, you are blessed with amazing views of waterfalls, tea plantations etc.
I arrived at Bandarawela the during the afternoon. It has a small centrally located station.
I stayed at the Bandarawela Hotel, which was a very nice experience. The hotel dates from the colonial era, and is very clean, with very attentive and friendly staff.
The weather was very nice during the time I was there. Early morning mist, which changes to beautiful blue skies and cool evenings.
Bandarawela was another highlight of my visit to Sri Lanka, and here, as in many other places, I made some very good friends.
You can visit my page on Sri Lanka for more info about this wonderful country
I usually hire a 3-wheeler and driver for a half day, and did the same here in Badarawela. I was lucky to get a very nice driver, who took me around the town, but also to Dowa Temple, Ella, and eventually invited me to his home. I had the chance to meet his wife and son, and we had a great time at his home.
I bumped into one the hotel staff in town, and started talking. He asked me if he could show me some interesting places around Bandarawela. So, off we went in a 3-wheeler. It was a great afternoon. The friendliness of the people in Sri Lanka is something I will never forget.
- In a nutshell:A place I would like to visit again
Cargills is a supermarket chain in Sri Lanka. There is a Cargills in the centre of Bandarawela, opposit the Post Office... more travel advice
I took one of the local red busses from Bandarawela to Matara. The first bus left 06h10, and luckily I got a seat. The... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Bandarawela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandarawela & The Surrounding Hill Country"
- "Bandarawela- city overlooked by most visitors"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandarawela
- Hotels in Bandarawela
- Transportation in Bandarawela
- Restaurants in Bandarawela
- Shopping in Bandarawela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandarawela
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Bandarawela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandarawela
Photos in BandarawelaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos