"Kandy, Capital of the Hill Country" Kandy by PierreZA
Kandy Travel Guide: 354 reviews and 920 photos
Kandy was the first Sri Lankan city I visited on my trip. As we got closer to Kandy, the scenery became more beautiful, and I knew that I would not be disappointed.
The city of Kandy is the 2nd largest city in Sri Lanka. It has a very laid back atmosphere and one get explore a large part of Kandy by foot.
There is much more to see and so besides the Temple of the Tooth Relic. Kandy has many restaurants, supermarkets and shops.
Although only 500m above sea level, it is definitely cooler in Kandy compared to the coast. Not as cool though as Badarawela, Ella etc.
For more info, you can visit my page on Sri Lanka
The Keells Supermarket in Kandy will most probably have what you need. There are also Cargill's where you can shop for... more travel advice
Devales are temple complexes devoted to Hindu or Sri Lankan Dieties. When visiting The Temple of The Tooth Relic, you... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Kandy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kandy - Last of the Sinhalese Kingdom"
- "THE CITY OF KANDY."
- "hell is a piece of earth"
- "Green hills and orange skies"
- "Kandy, Capital of the Hill Country"
- "Capital of Hill Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kandy
- Hotels in Kandy
- Transportation in Kandy
- Nightlife in Kandy
- Restaurants in Kandy
- Shopping in Kandy
- Warnings and Dangers in Kandy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kandy
- 17 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Kandy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kandy
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos