"Kandy, Capital of the Hill Country" Top 5 Page for this destination Kandy by PierreZA

Kandy Travel Guide: 304 reviews and 715 photos

Introduction

Kandy was the first Sri Lankan city I visited on my trip. As we got closer to Kandy, the scenery became more beautiful, and I knew that I would not be disappointed.
The city of Kandy is the 2nd largest city in Sri Lanka. It has a very laid back atmosphere and one get explore a large part of Kandy by foot.

There is much more to see and so besides the Temple of the Tooth Relic. Kandy has many restaurants, supermarkets and shops.

Although only 500m above sea level, it is definitely cooler in Kandy compared to the coast. Not as cool though as Badarawela, Ella etc.

For more info, you can visit my page on Sri Lanka

• Last visit to Kandy: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2010

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM

thanks, nice tips, actually you are correct lonely planet guides often need an update.

• Paris92's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Great pages! Congratulations on your Barney nomination!

• Jan 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Hi there, I'm heading to Sri Lanka and want to tour around Kandy, could you email or send me the driver's information if you still have it? Thank you!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Now you got your feet wet; are you planning your next trip yet?? good overview of Kandy; I wonder if they will ever get some more decent restaurants? The Bake Shop is an INSTITUTION! a wonderful restful town to browse thru for days...

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 3:53 AM

Nice Kandy page- I wonder if they have more fruit bats than we do in Sydney? There are MILLIONS in our botanical gardens.

PierreZA