"Pokhara - once is not enough" Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara by PierreZA

Pokhara Travel Guide: 357 reviews and 886 photos

A beautiful place

Pokhara is only a 22 min flight from Kathmandu, but it feels like a different world. It is tranquil, serene, friendly, beautiful. laid back .......
The Anapurna Mountains create the most beautiful backdrop for this popular city. The setting is further complimented by Phewa Tal (Lake Fewa), a mirror for the snow-capped mountain peaks.
People are very friendly and welcoming.
Once is not enough, I will have to go back, as I did not get the chance to do and see everything I wanted to.
We stayed at the Lakeside, Hotel Fewa, which contributed to the wonderful time we had in Pokhara.

What to do and see

Take a relaxing boat ride on Phewa Tal and enjoy the beautiful scenery
Sarangkot at sunrise for an experience you will not easily forget
Enjoy the nightlife in Pokhara (although everything stops at 10h30 - 11h00)
Shopping
Visit Devi Falls

As I said, I need to re-visit, as there are many things I still need to do and see, like trekking, the World Peace Pagoda, The International Mountaineering Museum, and Bengal Tal, to mention a few.

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:None
  • Last visit to Pokhara: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2011

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Hello, Pierre! Wonderful places to visit! Good for you!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2009 at 12:17 AM

What an idyllic setting of Phewa Lake! Oh, I would love to visit this magic place some day. The sunrise and sunset seem to be especially spectacular. Amazing views from Sarangkot as well!

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Another great page. Love your opening picture.

• Behi's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 10:49 AM

ur writing style says you got totally different experience.

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 12:01 AM

You have some great pics here-my favourite is the one of the Lake and the Chai lady.Possibly my Indian brothers pushed and elbowed you in the bus???Travelling in South asia,I too have mastered that art!

PierreZA

“Experience, enjoy, share”

Badges & Stats in Pokhara

Have you been to Pokhara?

Latest Activity in Pokhara