"Alappuzha - Alleppey" Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha by PierreZA
Alappuzha Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 302 photos
I only spent a day and a night in this pleasant town. The town is easy to negotiate. There are two main canals (north and south), which makes it easy to orientate yourself.
Alleppey (as most people still call the place) seems to be the centre and main area to organise backwater trips. There are plenty of houseboats and tour operators to choose from.
- In a nutshell:A pleasant town - the gateway to the backwaters
As this restaurant is mentioned in the South India Lonely Planet, I thought of giving it a try. I went there fro... more travel advice
I suppose this is actually a food tip! I had the most wonderful freshly made parathas at a food stall/restaurant in... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Alappuzha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Venice of the east -Alappuzha or Alleppey....."
- "Alappuzha - Alleppey"
- "Of backwaters"
- "A great place"
- "Alappuzha / Alleppey"
- "Venice of the east"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alappuzha
- Hotels in Alappuzha
- Transportation in Alappuzha
- Restaurants in Alappuzha
- Warnings and Dangers in Alappuzha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alappuzha
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Alappuzha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alappuzha
Photos in AlappuzhaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 46 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos