"Colourful Cochin (Kochi)" Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi by PierreZA
Kochi Travel Guide: 444 reviews and 1,069 photos
Kerala is different to any other place I've visited before in India. Kerela is on the West Coast (the Malabar Coast) of South India. Kochi is a city consisiting of a few islands, and Ernakulam on the mainland.
Experience the smells, sights, natural beauty, art and customs of this wonderful place.
A friend and I stayed in Fort Cochin for 5 nights. It is easy to do daytrips from here. There is also a lot to do in Fort Cochin, but don't forget to visit Ernakulam for a different experience.
Great south Indian cuisine, art forms like Kathakali, Jew Town, Backwaters, Religious Festivals and many more are there to experience.
I just returned from my second visit to Cochin (Oct 2008). The most obvious change, is that all the "you buy - we fry" fish stands are removed. It is a pity, as it created a lovely atmosphere, especially during the evenings. According to some of the fish sellers, it was a government decision.
1. Backwater trip
2. Kathakali performance
3. Visit Jew Town
4. Ayurvedic treatment
5. Food, food, food
6. Take a sunset cruise
7. Attend a festival
8. Visit religous sights and buildings
10.Do make time to visit Ernakulam
- Pros:Great People, Food and many more
- Cons:Humidity and heat during March when we visited
- In a nutshell:Can't wait to go again!
This bar has several areas. There is the more 'upmarket' area, where mostly Westeners are seen, and then the side... more travel advice
This shop, like Idiom Books, do have a very good selection of books. Books on India, Kerala, Cooking Books, but it seems... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Kochi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back to Cochin, Soon enough..."
- "Colourful Cochin (Kochi)"
- "Cochin (Kochi) the beating hart of Kerala"
- "Paradise Found in God's Own Country"
- "Cochin: A Fusion of Cultures"
- "Cochin the Spice City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kochi
- Hotels in Kochi
- Transportation in Kochi
- Nightlife in Kochi
- Restaurants in Kochi
- Shopping in Kochi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kochi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kochi
- 34 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Kochi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kochi
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos