"Trivandrum : The very relaxed Capital of Kerala" Top 5 Page for this destination Thiruvananthapuram by PierreZA
Thiruvananthapuram Travel Guide: 246 reviews and 536 photos
Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram, is a relaxed and lovely city to visit. It is a very green city with temples, museums beaches etc. The local people are very friendly and helpful.
It seems that most tourists prefer to stay in Kovalam, which is about 12km from Trivandrum city.
The busiest part of the city is MG-Road, the main road going through the city. Trivandrum has some very impressive buildings, dating from very different time periods.
If you have a chance, do visit this lovely city, with its very friendly people!
Visit the Zoological Gardens & Museum Complex
Watch the goings on at the beautiful and old Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Take a guided tour at the Puthen Malinga Palace Museum
Rejuvinate the ayurvedic way
Visit Kovalam Beach
Buy sweet bananas at the local market
Enjoy South Indian cuisine, like the wonderful Masala Dosa
Auto-rickshaws are a popular, easy and inexpensive way of getting around. I did find the drivers in Trivandrum to be... more travel advice
This market sells mostly fresh produce, spices etc. Although not as big as markets in Mumbai or Delhi, it is worth the... more travel advice
PierreZA's Related Pages
Thiruvananthapuram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Trivandrum , My present Hometown"
- "Trivandrum : The very relaxed Capital of Kerala"
- "Beachs,Fish,Rain&Umbrella :)))not in order."
- "Thiru-Vananthapuram - Abode of the snake!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thiruvananthapuram
- Hotels in Thiruvananthapuram
- Transportation in Thiruvananthapuram
- Nightlife in Thiruvananthapuram
- Restaurants in Thiruvananthapuram
- Shopping in Thiruvananthapuram
- Warnings and Dangers in Thiruvananthapuram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thiruvananthapuram
- 17 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Thiruvananthapuram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thiruvananthapuram
- Posted in Travel Sri Lanka Forum "Re: Touring the entire Sri Lanka..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Trivandrum : The very relaxed Capital of Kerala"
- updated a Thiruvananthapuram Travel Page "Trivandrum : The very relaxed Capital of Kerala"
- Wrote a Review Auto-rickshaws in Thiruvananthapuram Transportation
- Commented on one of grets's Thiruvananthapuram travel pages
Photos in ThiruvananthapuramSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mumbai Intro, 47 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 50 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 28 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos
- Cairo Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos