"Nitro, WV" Nitro by davecallahan
Nitro Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Nitro is a residential town west of Charleston, north of the Kanawha River and south of I-64. Most of the population of 7000 lives along the river and there is a lot of undeveloped hills and woods.
96% of the population is caucasian with north-European ancestry.
ZIPCODE 25143 is Nitro in the greae Charleston area of Kanawha County
Area Code 304
the town used to be known as Crawford City.
the present name of Nitro is in reference to the fact that the area was the number one producer of ammunition during WWI and were also important producers in WWII. (nitro is slang for nitrogycerine which is the main component in explosives).
the famous baseball player, Lew Burdette was a Nitro native as are singer Kathy Mattea and baseball star J.R. House.
davecallahan's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Nitro
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (761)
Have you been to Nitro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nitro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.