Morgantown Favorite Tips by davecallahan Top 5 Page for this destination
Morgantown Favorites: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Favorite thing: Morgantown has four full seasons, each lasting about three months.
The winters can be brutal with heavy snow falls and ice storms. Power lines are often downed during these storms causing outages of utilities. First snow in these higher elevations can occur as early as Thanksgiving (earliest on record was Halloween). Snow coverage lasts for weeks at a time in January and February. Wind chills can often get down well below zero.
(High-Low-Average for Dec 45°F 28°F 35°F, Jan 40°F 23°F 31°F, Feb 45°F 26°F 34°F, Mar 55°F 34°F 43°F)
Spring in Morgantown is a lovely time of year with profusions of bulb-plants (iris, crocus, daffodils) coming out in a short period of time in late March and early April.
(High-Low_average for Mar 55°F 34°F 43°F, Apr 66°F 42°F 53°F, May 74°F 51°F 62°F )
Summers can be long and dry, with water advisories in August when the natural water table is not replenished because of the lack of rain. Highs often go into the mid-90Fs for days at a time.
(Jun 81°F 59°F 69°F, Jul 85°F 63°F 73°F, Aug 83°F 62°F 71°F)
Just as college starts it new session, the temperatures moderate and the trees begin to change color as the nights get cooler. The daytime temperatures tend to stay in the 70Fs right through to October. After that, things get erratic quickly with several days in the 70Fs are followed by several days in the 50Fs. Early Fall is a great time to camp in the area because the campfire is much appreciated in the cooler evenings.
(Sep 77°F 55°F 64°F, Oct 66°F 44°F 54°F, Nov 56°F 36°F 45°F )
Favorite thing: Trying to find services of worship in a strange town can sometimes be frustrating.
Here are some data on where to find places of worship in Morgantown.
Assumption Greek Orthodox Church.... 447 Spruce Street
Avery United Methodist Church.... 1014 Cheat Road
Bahai Faith.... 252 Waitman Street
Calvary Baptist Church.... 519 Burroughs Street
Chectnut Ridge Community Church.... 315 Point Marion Road
Christian Science Reading Room.... 210 High Street
Faith Christian Fellowship.... 3855 Grafton Road
First Church of the Nazerene.... 776 Garrison Avenue
Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witness.... 379 Smithtown Road
Morgantown Church of God.... 664 Madigan Avenue
Saint Marys Byzantine Catholic Church.... 2115 Listravia Avenue
Saint Marys Roman Catholic Church.... 3344 University Avenue
Seventh Day Adventist Church.... 437 Drummond Street
St Thomas A Becket Episcopal Church.... 75 Old Cheat Road
Favorite thing: I am sure they have them to improve traffic flow but I found the one-way signs in the heart of Morgantown to be very frustrating. I could see just where I wanted to be but had to circle around several streets and come at the destination from the opposite angle because of those one-way signs.
They exist primarily from Kirk St. on the south to Prospect St. on the north and from University Ave. on the west to Spruce St. on the east. You might want to get a city map to help you.
More Reviews (16)
- See All Morgantown Municpal Airport
- See All communities
- See All use the paved trails
- See All fairly good steakhouse
- watch a college football game
davecallahan's Related Pages
Morgantown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Morgantown, WV"
- "West of the Maryland Panhandle"
- "We had a day trip to Morgantown, WV"
- "Marca's Morgantown Page"
- "S-bahns Morgantown"
- "DAN'S HOME IN THE MOUNTAINS"
- "A University in Appalachia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morgantown
- Hotels in Morgantown
- Transportation in Morgantown
- Restaurants in Morgantown
- Shopping in Morgantown
- Warnings and Dangers in Morgantown
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ulu Kelang Hotels
- Batu Feringgi
- Province of Palawan Hotels
- Springfield Hotels
- Khuldabad Hotels
Badges & Stats in Morgantown
- 19 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Morgantown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morgantown
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Morgantown hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Friend's Inn Morgantown
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- SpringHill Suites Morgantown
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Euro Suites Hotel
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Morgantown Super 8 Motel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Econo Lodge Morgantown Coliseum
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 8, 2013