"Morgantown, WV" Top 5 Page for this destination Morgantown by davecallahan
Morgantown Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 87 photos
Morgantown was one of many stops in the big loop we made from NY to FL and back. We went down the coast and came back up the interior states.
Morgantown is located near the intersection of I-68 and I-79 which puts it on the main traffic routes in West Virginia. The Monongahela River runs throgh the area and was another transportation route in its day.
A good tourism website for Morganton is:
27000 residents in 11000 households in the city of the county seat of Monogalia County. The greater Morgantown area has about 55000 people when all the communities and neighborhoods are counted. Nearly 20000 of that population are students in the university.
official Morgantown website is: http://www.morgantown.com/
ZIPCODE 26501 and 26502 is Morgantown or Westover
ZIPCODES 26504 throught 26508 is Morgantown in Monongalia County
Area Code is 304
Town Hall is 039-37-49N 079-57-15W
Morgantown Police Department: only one officer killed in the line of duty in over 10 years
Famous people from Morgantown:
"Hey Andy", actor Don Knotts (Barney Fyfe)
Basketball superstar Gerry West attended West Virginia Univ. in Morgantown
city was named after Zaquill Morgan and was originally called Morgan's Town.
"Demographics Daily" list for the year 2000 had Morgantown as the best small city (10000 to 50000) in USA.
Morgantown has four full seasons, each lasting about three months. The winters can be brutal with heavy snow falls and... more travel advice
Trying to find services of worship in a strange town can sometimes be frustrating. Here are some data on where to find... more travel advice
- See All use the paved trails
- See All fairly good steakhouse
- watch a college football game
- Holiday for the holidays
davecallahan's Related Pages
Morgantown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Morgantown, WV"
- "West of the Maryland Panhandle"
- "We had a day trip to Morgantown, WV"
- "Marca's Morgantown Page"
- "S-bahns Morgantown"
- "DAN'S HOME IN THE MOUNTAINS"
- "A University in Appalachia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morgantown
- Hotels in Morgantown
- Transportation in Morgantown
- Restaurants in Morgantown
- Shopping in Morgantown
- Warnings and Dangers in Morgantown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morgantown
- 19 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Morgantown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morgantown
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.