"the battle of Cedar Creek" Cedar Creek Battlefield by davecallahan
Cedar Creek Battlefield Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
October 1864, it's the Civil War in America.... brother against brother.
Confederate Jubal Early versus Union Philip Sheridan.
Sheridan was trying to keep Lee's army from getting much needed supplies by occupying the main transport routes. Early was determined to force the Union troops back away from the supply lines. With much smaller troop strength, Early used position and surprise to attack Sheridan.
Early won the "early" advantage and pushed back the Union forces and even took prisoners and supplies. But reinforcements (Custer and Emory) arrived for the boys in blue and won over the Confederate troops, taking many prisoners and forcing the boys in gray to retreat.
This was the last chance that the Confederate Army had to position themselves for an assault on Washington, D.C. The Shenandoah valley was mostly controlled by Union forces from that point forward to the end of the war.
davecallahan's Related Pages
Cedar Creek Battlefield Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cedar Creek Battlefield
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (762)
Have you been to Cedar Creek Battlefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cedar Creek Battlefield
Photos in Cedar Creek BattlefieldSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.