Warsaw Off The Beaten Path Tips by davecallahan
Warsaw Off The Beaten Path: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Before the great suffragette movement in Seneca Falls, NY there was the smaller fire of women's rights burning in Warsaw, NY.
You can take a walking tour around Warsaw and see the homes and places frequented by men and women who were feeding that fire.
Start with what was the Conable home at 38 Jefferson Street. Benjamin Conable was a strong suffragette supporter in the early 1900s. Turn north onto Liberty Street and head across Warsaw Village Park where rallies were given at many of the town events and fairs.
Walk over to Summit Avenue where you will see the home of leading suffragette, Ella Crossett.
Go down West Buffalo Street and the Humphrey home where meetings were held.
Go on Buffalo Street to Main Street and the intersection of route 19 (Main Street) and route 20A (Buffalo Street). Susan B. Anthony did one of her early speeches at the church on the corner. Go South on Main Street. At 130 Main Street, the Public Library has an original of the "History of Women's Sufferage" autographed by Anthony.
189 Main Street is the Gouinlock House where the original home owners supported all the cuases that were for furthering woman's place in society and government.
And now you are back to Jefferson Street.
Most of these homes are private property at this time and you should respect those peoples rights and property.
More Reviews (3)
davecallahan's Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Explore the World
- South Bass Island Hotels
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- Ballinteer Hotels
- Bergen op Zoom
- Tofino Hotels
- Giardini Naxos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Edinburgh Off The Beaten Path
- Stock Island
- Kauai Off The Beaten Path
- Valencia Off The Beaten Path
- Minneapolis Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.