"Saranac Lake.... one of the NY pearls" Top 5 Page for this destination Saranac Lake by davecallahan
Saranac Lake Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 42 photos
Saranac Lake, town and body of water by the same name.
On route 3 in the Adirondack Mountains, Upstate New York,
25 miles east of Tupper Lake, 10 miles west of Lake Placid (of Winter Olympics fame), just west of route 86.
The route 3 area has many great boating, fishing, hiking, viewing lakes:
Union Falls, Tupper, Saranac, Placid, Loon, Silver, Rainbow.
Each of these have parks and pull-offs where you can stop to have a picnic or sit on a bench and watch the water fowl. The water is clear and the air is clean.
5000 people, 2400 homes, 1200 families; household income is $30000
Enjoy it! and may they last several more generations.
ZIPCODE 12983 is Saranac Lake is divided between Franklin County and Essex County and among three townships: Harrietstown, North Elba and Saint Armand. (This is not the town of Saranac which is farther northwest).
Area Code 518
Al Jolson (singer) and Calvin Coolidge (US President) were frequent visitors to the Saranac Lake resort areas.
This is a nicely manicured course that opens from June to October. The fairways are mostly wide open with a few young... more travel advice
The Saranac Lake Winter Carnival is a two-week festival of everything that means winter/snow/cold. 110 years of... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Saranac Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ExGuyParis's new Saranac Lake Page"
- "NBouvier's new Saranac Lake Page"
- "Saranac Lake.... one of the NY pearls"
- "Welcome home to Saranac Lake"
- "Sir_Tar's new Saranac Lake Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saranac Lake
- Hotels in Saranac Lake
- Nightlife in Saranac Lake
- Restaurants in Saranac Lake
- Warnings and Dangers in Saranac Lake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saranac Lake
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Saranac Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saranac Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.