"Salamanca, NY" Salamanca by davecallahan
Salamanca Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 53 photos
This is the only city in America on land leased (until 2030) from Native Americans. The name is in reference to the city of the same name in Spain and the name of a wealthy railroad investor.
The town grew with the lumber industry and the rise of the railroad and the use of what is now I-86
6000 people with 2500 households and 1500 families.
family income is about $31000
town name was originally Bucktooth
the city has these main communities:
Little Valley.... north of the Allegheny River
Red House.... south of the Allegheny River
Shongo... in the Seneca Nation Reservation on route 417
If you came to Salamanca to do the casino, you do not have to pay the high casino hotel prices. This Holiday Inn motel... more travel advice
This is a small museum considering the important impact on Salamanca that the railroads had. It is self-guided walk... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Salamanca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Randall_Burt's new Salamanca Page , Allegany State"
- "Allegany Indian Country"
- "Salamanca, NY"
- "Home of the Seneca Nation"
- "Basaic Salamanca Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salamanca
- Hotels in Salamanca
- Shopping in Salamanca
- Warnings and Dangers in Salamanca
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Salamanca
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Salamanca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salamanca
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.