"Mount Morris, NY... I pledge allegiance....." Mount Morris by davecallahan
Mount Morris Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 18 photos
Francis Bellamy wrote the Pledge of Allegiance for the United States of America. "I pledge allegiance, to the flag of the United States.... etc.etc"
The Mount Morris Dam keeps the Genesee River from causing major damage to towns in its run to Lake Ontario.
The dam and town were named after Robert Morris who financially aided the American Revolution. The original town name was "Allens Hill" then "Richmond Hill".
About 3200 people live loosely packed in the Village of Mount Morris in Livingston County, NY. It is mostly a rural area with a modest average yearly income of $32,000 per household. Crime is low (cannot remember when there was a homicide); violent crime is only about a half-of-one percent annually.
ZIPCODE 14510 lists for Mount Morris or Tuscarora in Livingston County
Area Code 585
- Pros:quiet and peaceful
- Cons:too dam quiet and peaceful
Other than Bed-and-Breakfast places, there are not a lot of motel choices in Mount Morris. The Country Inn motel was... more travel advice
Flint knapping (making a pointed tool from raw flint stone) is a craft that native Americans and the early settlers used... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Mount Morris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Morris, NY... I pledge allegiance....."
- Create a Mount Morris Travel Page
- Things to Do in Mount Morris
- Hotels in Mount Morris
- Restaurants in Mount Morris
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Morris
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mount Morris
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Mount Morris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Morris
Photos in Mount MorrisSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Mount Morris hotel reviews
- Country Inn & Stes-Mt Morris
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013