Greece Sports & Outdoors Tips by davecallahan
Greece Sports & Outdoors: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Okay, so you are visiting in Rochester and its been raining for three days (not at all uncommon). You can't get out to the golf course to burn off the three pieces of Aunt Millie's pecan pie that you had last night. What are you going to do?
Why, go to the Rochester Sports Dome where they have an indoor (actually in the the bubble) golf range where you can bang away at buckets of balls. Or you can get an hour of instruction from a local pro. And if you have the kids with you, they can play on the indoor miniature golf course.
For those of appropriate age, there also is a sports bar to the side of the dome.
See the website below for the latest information on hours and fees.
Address: 4618 ridge Road West
Directions: I-390 to the Ridge Road West exit. go west on Ridge Road about 3 miles to the Manitou Road intersection and see the signs
For novice golfers or children golfers, this is one of the better small courses to try. It is 9 holes, par 3 per hole and plays easily in one hour. Gives the new golfer a chance to test their strokes under real conditions without getting too serious or costing very much.
$10 is the most you'll pay (there are discounts for certain days and age groups). You won't need a cart because the course is so small. You can rent clubs (4 clubs for $2 plus a deposit).
All you need are 3 wood on the tee and putter on the green; wedge for trouble or short shots and 3 iron for longer fairway shots.
The staff is friendly and accustomed to working with junior leagues. They can give you some pointers or for another $20 you can get a half-hour lesson.
There is a small snack shop when you are finished or you can go to the picnic area if you have brought your own refreshments.
You can even schedule a corporate or special occassion group to use the course for specially reduced fees per person.
Address: 435 Latta Road
Directions: Lake Avenue to Latta Road and the west to just after the railroad tracks
Dewey Avenue to Latta Road and east to just before the railroad tracks
More Reviews (38)
- See All milder than other areas
- See All voted best ingredients 2005-2007
- See All arts, crafts, restored antiques
- See All Firemen's Carnival
- See All business man's favorite
davecallahan's Related Pages
Greece Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My hometown..... Greece, NY (suburb of Rochester)"
- "minxpie's new Greece page"
- "Greece is in New York too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greece
- Hotels in Greece
- Transportation in Greece
- Restaurants in Greece
- Shopping in Greece
- Warnings and Dangers in Greece
- See All...
Explore the World
- Panglao Island
- Milan Hotels
- Mauritius Hotels
- Flushing Hotels
- Geelong Hotels
- Bergen op Zoom
- Destin Hotels
- Port Dalhousie Hotels
- Baguio City
- Indiana Hotels
- Aqaba Hotels
- Hot Springs Hotels
- Namotu Island Hotels
- Hua Hin
Badges & Stats in Greece
- 40 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Greece?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greece
Photos in GreeceSee All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.