"Fairport, NY (suburb of Rochester)" Fairport by davecallahan
Fairport Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 78 photos
Fairport was originally swamp land that had been drained and filled as part of the Erie Canal projects.
The town name came from being called "a fair port" on the canal.
a good site for Fairport Tourism is:
5500 residents living in 2000 households with annual family income of a nice $52000. The population is above 96% caucasian.
92% of the people over 25 are high school graduates and half of those people are college graduates.
55% of the adults are married.
official website is: http://www.perinton.org
ZIPCODE 14450 is Fairport in the township of Perinton in the city of Rochester in Monroe County
Area Code 585
Because of the importance of the canal in the town's history the symbol of the canal is seen in all of the emblems of the city. There is even a canalboat depicted in the Police and Fairport Fire Department emblems.
Philip Seymour Hoffman (Academy Award winner) is from Fairport
as is billionaire B. T. Golisano.
Lollypop Farm is the petting zoo attached to the Humane Society. The organization is aimed at helping save the lives of... more travel advice
From June to August, bands and singers volunteer to play in Kennelley Park on Thursday evenings (6pm-9pm). It is mostly... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Fairport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fairport, NY (suburb of Rochester)"
- "Fairport Village, New York State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fairport
- Hotels in Fairport
- Restaurants in Fairport
- Shopping in Fairport
- Warnings and Dangers in Fairport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fairport
- 9 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (760)
Have you been to Fairport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fairport
Photos in FairportSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.