"Dunkirk, NY" Dunkirk by davecallahan
Dunkirk Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 33 photos
My daughter went to nearby Fredonia College so we were in Dunkirk many times over those four years.
The town name came from a reference to Dunkirk, France.
The town nickname is "train-wreck capital" because there was a period of time during the age of train transportation that there were many train accidents in the area.
One of the biggest attractions now is the Lighthouse and the Coast Guard station. Otherwise it is a pretty quiet town.
the official Dunkirk webpage is not very interesting but can be seen at:
ZIPCODE 14048, 14166 is Dunkirk in Chautauqua County
Area Code 716
Town Hall is 042-28-19N 079-19-19W
City Hall is 042-33-55N 079-19-26W
Dunkirk is a village, a town and a city. It is the governing body also of several nearby communities with very diverse... more travel advice
This is a no brainer. Pick one of the spots mentioned. Find a place to park (legally.... they do give out tickets for... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Dunkirk Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Dunkirk
- Restaurants in Dunkirk
- Warnings and Dangers in Dunkirk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dunkirk
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Dunkirk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunkirk
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.