Canandaigua Favorite Tips by davecallahan
Canandaigua Favorites: 4 reviews and 5 photos
nice day in Canandaigua
Favorite thing: Here is a link to the webcam that shows real-time views of Canandaigua Lake from Seagars Marine on the west side of the lake.
It is nice to see the lake on a warm summer day and even better to have a look to see if there is a blizzard in the area if you are visiting here.
Favorite thing: Canandaigua has changed greatly since its village status in the 1790s. It has grown and incorporated several communities in the township.
Some of the communities are:
part of Academy... village on route 21 south of Canandaigua
Arsenal Hill... hamlet west of Canandaigua
Centerfield... village on US20
Cheshire... on route 21
Four Winds Corners ... at the intersection of routes 5 and 20
Grange Landing... southeast of Canandaigua
Padelford... hamlet on route 8 north of Canandaigua
place of worship
Favorite thing: When you go on vacation it is sometimes difficult to find places of worship that you are familiar with. You can ask the desk clerk at the motel but often they are not sure or not helpful with correct directions.
Here are contacts for some of the worship services in the area:
ASSEMBLY OF GOD... 415 N Main Street... 585-394-3635
BAPTIST... 5026 North Road... 585-394-3517
CATHOLIC... St. Mary's... 16 Gibson Street... 585-394-4300
CHRISTIAN... United Church of Bristol... 7177 County Road 2 (Bloomfield)...
CHRISTIAN... St. Brendan's Fellowship... 58 North Main Street... 585-398-0280
CONGREGATIONAL... First Congregational... 58 North Main Street...
EPISCOPAL... St. John's... 183 N Main Street... 585-394-4818
LUTHERAN... Good Shepherd... 320 South Pearl Street... 585-394-2760
METHODIST... First United Methodist... 100 North Main Street... 585-394-5335
PRESBYTERIAN... United Presbyterian... 11 Gibson Street... 585-394-0503
WESLEYAN... Crosswinds... 3360 Middle Cheshire Road... 585-394-5857
travelers' guide for free
Favorite thing: The Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce has established a very nice visitors' center at 113 South Main Street. It is easily accessible and has parking nearby.
The building is open 8am to 5pm during the week and from 10am to 3pm on the weekends.
Inside you will find a person knowledgeable about the area and its history and the current events for the month. They are there to help make your vacation in Canandaigua the best it can be. Brochures, maps, lists of restaurants and hotels/B&Bs are all available for free. They can even help you plan your stay in the area, making an itinerary that will fit your needs.
You can call 585-394-4400 and they will send you the travelers' guide for the Canandaigua area as well as information about current local events for the month.
More Reviews (27)
- See All baby-boomer generation's campgrounds
- See All annual Chamber Music Festival
- See All right downtown
- Centerpointe Country Club
davecallahan's Related Pages
Canandaigua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canandaigua, NY.... Lake, Wine country"
- "The Chosen Spot -- Canandaigua Lake in Winter!"
- "Canandaigua, Finger Lakes"
- "Hidden Valley"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canandaigua
- Hotels in Canandaigua
- Restaurants in Canandaigua
- Shopping in Canandaigua
- Warnings and Dangers in Canandaigua
- See All...
Explore the World
- New York City Hotels
- Melaka Hotels
- Peradeniya Hotels
- North America
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Agra Hotels
- Isla Saona Hotels
- Yogyakarta Hotels
- New York City
- Deolali Hotels
- Puerto Rico Hotels
Badges & Stats in Canandaigua
- 31 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Canandaigua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canandaigua
Photos in CanandaiguaSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.