"Canandaigua, NY.... Lake, Wine country" Canandaigua by davecallahan
Canandaigua Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 135 photos
My paternal relatives are from Canandaigua. They live in Shortsville and downtown Canandaigua. Canandaigua was settled and made into a township shortly after the American Revolution. There are many old homes in the area that reflect the different architectures of the 18th and 19th centuries.
The town is very busy for a small town. There is a major marina to the south of town. Two major roads(used for people heading to and from wine-country) converge just north of the marina.
The best part of the city's history (as far as I am concerned) was the now-gone Roseland Park. To this day, I cannot drive by the new picnic-playground area they have constructed without thinking of the great roller coaster and bumping cars and cotton candy that used to be there.
Now the area is part of the Finger Lakes wine trail and has replaced quiet two lane highways with 6-lane media-separated thoroughfares. But the heart of the city is still old buildings and narrow streets reminiscent of bygone days (even if the traffic nowadays is so thick you can walk across the street on the car tops without touching the pavement).
an informative website about Canandaigua is:
official websites for Canandaigua are:
There are about 11000 people in the city; 8000 of them in the town
11000 people, 4800 homes, 2700 families. 96% caucasian of Italian-German heritage. household income is $38000
ZIPCODE 14424 is Canandaigua, the county seat in Ontario County
ZIPCODE 14425 is Canandaigua or Farmington
Area Code 585
Here is a link to the webcam that shows real-time views of Canandaigua Lake from Seagars Marine on the west side of the... more travel advice
This is for the serious music lover. The Finger Lakes Chorus can be seen at a different venue in late July in the... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Canandaigua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canandaigua, NY.... Lake, Wine country"
- "The Chosen Spot -- Canandaigua Lake in Winter!"
- "Canandaigua, Finger Lakes"
- "Hidden Valley"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canandaigua
- Hotels in Canandaigua
- Restaurants in Canandaigua
- Shopping in Canandaigua
- Warnings and Dangers in Canandaigua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canandaigua
- 31 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Canandaigua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canandaigua
Photos in CanandaiguaSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.