Bushnell Basin Off The Beaten Path Tips by davecallahan
Bushnell Basin Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 5 photos
This is a scenic walking park with new ball fields at one end and benches and the Erie Canal on the other side. There are several plaques commemorating local events and personages.
The park has been nicely landscaped to show off the beauty of the area. It provides a nice place to visit and get some peace and quiet while you enjoy the fresh air.
There is a small area where you can fish or launch canoes. The walkway mostly runs right along the edge of the canal so you should use caution if you have small children with you.
to get there:
631 Marsh Road
take I-490 to the Palmyra/route31 exit. go west on route 31 a short distance and connect to Marsh Road. take Marsh Road south to the park
Powder Mills Park
This is a great park for a diversity of activities.
First there are the fish hatcheries right at the park entrance that be entertaining for the kids during hatchling seasons. Fishing is allowed in the park with proper licensing.
Then there are the multitude of picnicking areas in the park in the open, up the hills, in the woods, each with picnic tables and grill stand. Some of the picnic areas have rentable pavilions with bathrooms and fire-stoves.
There are a myriad of trails; some are paved for walkers or joggers; some are unpaved for hikers and birders; they traverse the park east-to-west and north-to-south.
to get there:
154 Park Road (right off route 96 just south of the Bushnell Basin exit from I-490)
davecallahan's Related Pages
Bushnell Basin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Santa Teresa Gallura Hotels
- Purwokerto Hotels
- Long Key Hotels
- Cloonty Lough Hotels
- Puerto Lápice
- South-East District
- Parque Tayrona Off The Beaten Path
- Phu Quoc Off The Beaten Path
- Ubon Ratchathani Off The Beaten Path
- Shenzhen Off The Beaten Path
- Grafton Off The Beaten Path
- Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Off The Beaten Path
- Villages and Farms
- Repulse Bay
- Sochi Off The Beaten Path
- Kandersteg Off The Beaten Path
- Warsaw's Districts
- Bangkok's Canals - the Khlongs
Badges & Stats in Bushnell Basin
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Bushnell Basin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bushnell Basin
Photos in Bushnell BasinSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.