Brockport Local Custom Tips by davecallahan
Brockport Local Customs: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Every summer, in mid-August, in Brockport, the art community of the greater Rochester area has an arts and crafts festival. It runs normally for a Saturday and Sunday and admission is free.
More than 50000 people attend, so parking can be an issue and park and ride shuttles are normally provided from the large commercial parking lots and the college.
As with most of these festivals, you will have tents and tables of arts and crafts from local artisans for sale; food vendors galore, live street entertainment. Then there is the Dragon Boat races on the canal and special activites to keep the kids occupied (face painting, sand painting).
see the website below for this year's agenda and times and dates.
to get there:
it is along a 10 block area along the Erie Canal south bank and Main Street.
take 490W to 31W and park FREE at SUNY Brockport (follow the signs) and take the FREE shuttle to and from the festival.
Come to Sagawa Park to hear free music by local talent.
The groups begin playing at 7pm every Thursday in June, July and August (except for holidays). They last for at least two hours. You can bring your own seat or blanket or come really early and try to get one of the general seats (very limited).
The music genre is generally popular tunes or country music but can range to classical and broadway or ethnic like Irish or Germanic national favorites. All music is played by local bands and some of them are actually pretty good. The local TV company records the event and plays back the music on Saturday on the Public Broadcasting Station.
Refreshments are sold by street vendors. Entrance is free; parking is first-come-first served.
to get there:
take route 104 out to route 19. go south on route 19 to the town of Brockport. Sagawa Park is on the corner of route 19 (Main Street) and Erie Street. On street parking at the park is limited. try the parking areas west of the park on Queen and Lincoln Streets.
More Reviews (15)
- See All family restaurant
- See All Public Transport from Rochester
- Cardinal Creek Golf Club
- everything you need
davecallahan's Related Pages
Brockport Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Brockport
- Transportation in Brockport
- Restaurants in Brockport
- Shopping in Brockport
- Warnings and Dangers in Brockport
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tank Island Hotels
- Quepos Hotels
- North America
- Brisbane Hotels
- Mughal Sarai Hotels
- Palma de Mallorca
- Gold Coast Hotels
- Batangas City Hotels
- Shillong Hotels
- Halifax Hotels
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- Hallstatt Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Riva del Garda
Badges & Stats in Brockport
- 17 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Brockport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brockport
Photos in BrockportSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.