"Bath, NY... location location location" Bath by davecallahan
Bath Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 29 photos
Bath is situated in just the right place for travelers along the southern tier highways to stop and rest. It is located on Interstate 86 exits 38 and 39, in Steuben County, NY in the Cohocton Valley. We often stop in for a bite or overnite during our travels among New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. We have friends from Michigan who annually stop there on their route to visit relatives in New York City.
The population in 2005 was about 12000, mostly agricultural and blue color workers. The town is the county seat (county office) location.
As of the 2005 census, there were 12000 people, 5000 households, and 2200 families residing in the area. Population is 96% caucasian of north European ancestry. The median income for a household was $28,897.
a good website for Bath is : http://www.westny.com/steuben/bath.htm
The town was named after Lady Bath, the daughter of one of the original property owners (William Pulteney). The village began in 1790's and was incorporated into the state legislature by 1830's.
The oldest continuously annual county fair in the United States is the Steuben County Fair held in Bath, NY.
When we visit rural communities like Bath on the weekends we usual ask the desk clerk where the nearest church is for... more travel advice
If you are in Bath and need a cab, then you have no hassles because there is only one choice: Bud's Taxi on Buell Street... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Bath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bath, NY... location location location"
- "Basaic Bath Page"
- "John195123's new Bath Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bath
- Hotels in Bath
- Transportation in Bath
- Restaurants in Bath
- Shopping in Bath
- Warnings and Dangers in Bath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bath
- 12 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Bath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bath
Photos in BathSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.