"Alexandria Bay, NY.... Gateway to the 1000 Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Bay by davecallahan
Alexandria Bay Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 50 photos
1100 people in 500 homes with 250 families making $35000 a year.
If it is water related, then Alex Bay has it.
Boating: available to those with their own craft to launch or rowboats/kayaks to rent or scenic boat rides/tour to buy.
Fishing: in the town itself from pier or small boat or in one of the state parks just down the road.
Hiking and Biking: trails along the river give great views while you get your exercise.
Catch a boat ride to Boldt Castle or Singer Castle or to visit one of the other thousand islands.
A good source of useful info about Alex Bay is:
Come in any season and you will find something interesting to do (eg. ice fishing and snowmobiling in the winter).
If you have a boat that you want to use on the bay or in the river, then a reasonably priced marina to try is Rogers... more travel advice
If you drive up to the thousand islands area and you do not have a boat then a good way to see the islands, the river... more travel advice
- Municipal Golf Course
- this is a fairly safe area.....
- lunch here....
davecallahan's Related Pages
Alexandria Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alexandria Bay, NY.... Gateway to the 1000 Islands"
- "Thousand Islands"
- "Small Town, Famous History"
- "srb's Alexandria Bay Page"
- "alexandria bay ny at step to the past"
- "Alex Bay"
- "Photo Albums"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alexandria Bay
- Hotels in Alexandria Bay
- Transportation in Alexandria Bay
- Restaurants in Alexandria Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Alexandria Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alexandria Bay
- 10 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (761)
Have you been to Alexandria Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alexandria Bay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.