"Emmitsburg, MD" Emmitsburg by davecallahan
Emmitsburg Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 45 photos
First Settled in 1733.
First Township in 1785.
May have been named after Samuel Emmit, a prominent land owner.
A good source for Emmitsburg history is the website:
A good source for the latest Emmitsburg info is its online newspaper:
2300 people living in 800 households with 550 families in Frederick County.
At the end of West Main Street is a 2500 sq-ft park with a bronze statue of the doughboys that fought in World War I.... more travel advice
In honor of Mother Seton and her dedication to the Sisters of Saint Joseph, a shrine and basilica are here for public... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Emmitsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Emmitsburg, MD"
- "EMMITTSBURG - CATHOLICISM AND HOMELAND SECURITY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Emmitsburg
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (761)
Have you been to Emmitsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Emmitsburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.