"Gloucester, MA.... Looking out to sea......" Gloucester by davecallahan
Gloucester Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 481 photos
The famous Gloucester Sailor statue on the main drag in Gloucester looks out to sea (across the harbor) so he doesn't have to see the traffic jam behind him. The main street has a lift bridge over Blynman Canal and when that goes up everyone stops. Happened to us; we were 10 minutes from getting dinner at Halibut Point Restaurant and waited 20 minutes for bridge to raise, boats to go through and bridge to lower.
(see Pawtuxet's review of Halibut to get a feeling why you would be willing to wait to eat there)
30000 people on the Cape Ann peninsula in Essex County
ZIPCODE 01930 and 01931 is Gloucester
Area Code 978
Annisquam, Bay View, East Gloucester, Folly Cove, Lanesville,
Magnolia, Riverdale and West Gloucester
The importance of the sea and ocean commerce is reflected in the symbolism of Gloucester and the surrounding towns. Ipswich Police are the protectors of Gloucester and their badge and the city seal of Gloucester depict ocean views in reference to the the seas importance here.
Gloucester has developed into a thriving town by coalescing communities of farmers, fishermen and retailers or various... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Gloucester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLOUCESTER ~ ROCKY NECK"
- "Gloucester, Ma. - My Hometown Page"
- "BuickMackane's Gloucester, MA Page (I lived here!)"
- "MANGOBLUE99"S HOMETOWN PAGE"
- "Cabana Boy's Gloucester Page"
- "Glorious Cape Ann"
- "Castle by the Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gloucester
- Hotels in Gloucester
- Transportation in Gloucester
- Nightlife in Gloucester
- Restaurants in Gloucester
- Shopping in Gloucester
- Warnings and Dangers in Gloucester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gloucester
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Gloucester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gloucester
Photos in GloucesterSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.