"retirement city.... Zephyrhills" Zephyrhills by davecallahan
Zephyrhills Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 64 photos
This is where my snowbird parents fly to each year.
We have driven down to visit them but only in the narrow window of spring when Rochester,NY isn't buried in snow and Florida isn't too humid. (Late March, Early April). The gated community we visit seems like a chunk of neighborhood from many other states rather than real-estate in Florida. These modular home communities are fairly self-contained and people in them venture out only to dine, to shop for groceries or to find yard-sale bargains.
The town claims 10000 residents but I am not sure whether that includes all the snow birds. I know they have at least 5000 garage/yard sales (or close to it.) and at least that many "antique" stores.
The town has some claim-to-fame for its bottled water but I never did understand why anyone would pay for something that rains down on you for free. But the entrepreneurs in the area will now offer you "flavor-of-the-month" water. P.T.Barnum.... sit up and notice!
the zephyrhills tourism homepage is:
the official website is: http://www.ci.zephyrhills.fl.us/
11000 people living in this area of Pasco County. There are 5000 households and 3000 families. the average household income is about $30000
ZIPCODES 33539 through 33544 are Zephyrhills in Pasco County
Area Code 813
The price was right (two pizzas for $15; $14 for one $1 for second) but the pizzas themselves were just so-so. The sauce... more travel advice
If you get a chance to get a modular home for a snow-bird season in Forest Lake Village, then you'd be wise to take that... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Zephyrhills Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "retirement city.... Zephyrhills"
- "Skydive City"
- "What is there to do in Z-Hills?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zephyrhills
- Hotels in Zephyrhills
- Transportation in Zephyrhills
- Restaurants in Zephyrhills
- Warnings and Dangers in Zephyrhills
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zephyrhills
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (762)
Have you been to Zephyrhills?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zephyrhills
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.