"Ocala makes a good Neeeeigh bor" Top 5 Page for this destination Ocala by davecallahan
Ocala Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 106 photos
Ocala is a mix of big city, sprawling motor-home villages, lakes and ponds and horse country.
It is luckily in a band that is north of lightning alley and south of the storm-laden panhandle.
It is accessible by several major roads: I-75, route 301 and route 40.
We have friends who live there now after moving from my home town (Rochester,NY).
Good source of up-to-date info about Ocala is:
official website for Ocala is: http://www.ocalafl.org/
49000 people, 21000 residences, 11500 families.
Household income is about $31000.
ZIPCODES for Ocala are 34470 through 34483 in Marion County
Area Code 352
City motto: God Be With Us
Ocala Police Department emblem has the same motto as the city seal
- Pros:big enough place to keep us busy
- Cons:none for us
- In a nutshell:our friends chose a good FL spot to live
Pine Oaks is a fabulous golf course for only $33 for 18 holes (including a cart). You get your choice of 3 sets of nine... more travel advice
You are in the heart of Florida horse country where there are horse farms down every secondary road. So, of course, you... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Ocala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ocala florida"
- "Ocala makes a good Neeeeigh bor"
- "Ocala National Forest and Environs"
- "Where I live"
- "Central Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ocala
- Hotels in Ocala
- Transportation in Ocala
- Restaurants in Ocala
- Warnings and Dangers in Ocala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ocala
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Ocala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ocala
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.