"Wilmington ..... My wife's family lives in Bear,DE" Wilmington by davecallahan
Wilmington Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 176 photos
Wilmington is a fairly large city of about 73000 people counting the suburbs into the metropolitan area.
The city has had an interesting past: first colonized by Sweden, then the Dutch, then the English and finally independent and incorporated in the state of Delaware.
Today the city is a conglomerate of about 30 neighborhoods roughly included in three areas: north of Brandywine Creek; east of I-95; west of I-95. Each area has some unique features based on its history and location.
Official website is: http://www.ci.wilmington.de.us/
good tourist website is: http://www.visitwilmingtonde.com/
70000 people in 32000 houses with 16000 families; family income is $40000
ZIPCODES for Wilmington are:
19801 through 19810, 19850, 19880, 19884 though 19897
Wilmington is the county seat of New Castle County
Area Code 302
the city motto is "A PLACE TO BE SOMEBODY"
Wilmington Fire Department motto: "dedication and valor"
All the city agencies use the same symbols: the meeting house and the ship; which are in reference to the government and commerce of the area.
(examples on the city flag and seal and the fire and police badges).
City was named for the Earl of Wilmington, England (prme minister during reign of George II)
city nickname is Chemical Capital or Credit Card Capital
Are you in the Wilmington area and want to know the traffic conditions on the roads you plan to travel? Then the link... more travel advice
Wilmington has placed cameras so that you can view traffic conditions around the city. See the website below for the... more travel advice
davecallahan's Related Pages
Wilmington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wilmington Delaware"
- "Wilmington Rebounds"
- "Wilmington: Gems in a Small City"
- "Wilmington in Delaware - The American Luxembourg"
- "Wilmington, Delaware--It's Treasures..."
- "Wilmington ..... My wife's family lives in Bear,DE"
- "Wilmington, Delaware"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilmington
- Hotels in Wilmington
- Transportation in Wilmington
- Nightlife in Wilmington
- Restaurants in Wilmington
- Shopping in Wilmington
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilmington
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wilmington
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Wilmington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilmington
Photos in WilmingtonSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Wilmington hotel reviews
- The Inn at Wilmington
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
- 205 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Hotel du Pont
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Inn At Montchanin Village
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Quality Inn & Suites Wilmington
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013