"we all do what we do because we can" davecallahan's Profile
found out that retiring is not scary, not the end of things, but a doorway to a whole new set of experiences.
۩ ۞ ☼ ô
since we retired, we now have the time (but not necessarily all the financial resources) to travel. we save some money for a year or two then take a 3-4 week excursion to some place in the U.S. (my wife can't take planes and i definitely won't step on a boat). our latest travels include: 1) NY, MA, CT, capecod, MA, NH, VT, NY 2) NY, niagarafalls, hamilton, toronto, cobourg, kingston, thousand islands, NY 3)NY, pittsburgh, harrisburg, gettysburg, lancaster, pokonos, scranton, NY 4)NY,PA,VA,NC,SC,GA,FL,GA,TN,KY,OH,PA,NY 5)NY,OH,IN,KY,WV,PA,NY 6) NY Canada, MI, OH, IN, KY, OH, PA, NY
On each trip we limit driving to 4hours and stop to smell the roses (see the sights) along the way, so it takes us a while to get where we're going but it suits us better.
likes..... anything techy, gadgety
anything where i can be helpful
dislikes..... talking too much (or worse, listening to someone who talks too much)
hate asking for directions when traveling or reading the instructions when i have to put something together from a kit
experience..... a little bit of everything in the photo industry (was chemist, was software writer, was electronics repairman, was image scientist, was supervisor in research labs).... the operative word is WAS
looking to spend a lot more time with my wife....
traveling much more now....
interested in stock market and stock trends.....
looking forward to sharing our travels with new friends here....
Crossing the Border from Mexico or Canada to the USA is really getting to be a pain if you are driving. Even if you have all your paper work in order (driver's license, birth certificate, passport) you still have to wait in line behind cars whose occupants do not have good, prepared identification.
Waits at the border are well into the hour range (sometimes longer on holidays) and that is a lot of gas.
The trip from USA into Mexico or Canada by car is fairly quick (3 minutes per vehicle at the border) so I do not understand why the reverse trip is so long (10minutes per car). Why can't they have an "express" line for those of us who are prepared and have nothing to declare?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,821 Reviews
- 10,083 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 893 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yuletide Festivities"
- Wrote a Review Expensive but very good in Newark Restaurants
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: how to delete a tip"
- updated a Perkin Travel Page "Pekin, NY (near Buffalo)"
updated their Profile Page "we all do what we do because we can"
- Commented on one of RSRaz's Burlington travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 106 reviews, 240 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canandaigua Intro, 31 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Charlotte Intro, 20 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Irondequoit Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Corydon Intro, 29 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York State Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos
- Pittsford Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Henrietta Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Webster Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.