"Kyrgyzstan" Bishkek by batyr76
Bishkek Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 322 photos
Give anyone a world-map, and ask them to point out Bishkek for you. Yepp, they probably dont have a clue. Bishkek was named Frunze up until 1991, when Kyrgyzstan gained independence from The Soviet Union. The city was built in the 1800´s.
Bishkek is a 40-minute drive from the airport, and you can choose between taxis or buses. A taxi into town would cost you maybe 3-500 SOM, depending on your bargaining skills, but the bus will be a lot cheaper.
Bishkek is located where the plains meet the mountains.
Tourists come to Kyrgyzstan to climb and trek, and not to see Bishkek. The city can easily be seen in a day, in my... more travel advice
The Apelsin is located in a weird shaped building right next to Spartak Stadium. It is quite posh, with a chiq bar on... more travel advice
batyr76's Related Pages
Bishkek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE FIRST BISHKEK PAGE IN 4 YEARS"
- "Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, my venture into Central Asia"
- "Very young and very green"
- "Yurt (Home Land )"
- "Bishkek - Where is that?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bishkek
- Hotels in Bishkek
- Transportation in Bishkek
- Nightlife in Bishkek
- Restaurants in Bishkek
- Shopping in Bishkek
- Warnings and Dangers in Bishkek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bishkek
- 11 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bishkek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bishkek
Top 5 Pages
- Almaty Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Bishkek Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Cuba Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Moscow Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Saint Petersburg 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.