"Oldguy's travels" oldguy472003's Profile
2010 could definately have been a better year. We decided to say goodbye with a nice warm quiet trip for two. What a lovely time! Warm, yes but not necessarily quiet. So much to do and see in this wonderful friendly city. Great excursions with Vallarta Adventures, I've posted a short video from the Marietas Islands tour.
While our daughter was attending college in Murcia we visited for a few weeks at the end of February. It was rainy and cool about half the time, but all in all a nice visit. Granada is a beautiful city, a day in Tangier was an experience to be remembered and Gibraltar was great fun.
Southern England is famous for nasty weather but it was wonderful in June 2009. We split our time between visiting London and traveling the south by rail pass. I fell in love with the countryside and seashore around Dover. The isle of Wight was a beautiful out of the way spot, and portsmouth and Southampton were a lot of fun. My wife liked London Best. A quick Saturday night in Paris via eurostar rounded the trip out very well. Thanks for the loads of great advice from VT friends before we left.
This year we and our two adult children spent Christmas just South of Cancun at an H10 resort. It really was wonderfull, check my hotel tip for the H10 Ocean Turquesa. What a wonderful place full of friendly people.
The coldest day we had in Cuba was still warmer than the hottest day we had in Germany. Cuba was a delight and a real adventure. We stayed in a small resort far away from the nearest town and ten KM off the paved road. We got to know some of the local people and absolutely loved the country.
Our next trip to Europe was to spend 10 days in Germany. We loved Germany when we were there 23 years prior and wanted to see what was new. Guess what, it was cold and wet for half the time... I have a feeling we'll be going somewhere warm next..
Although Portugal was lovely, it was a bit cool in March. Our next trip was to within 10 degrees of the Equator. Now the quandry, I love Europe but My wife likes heat!
Now the kids are grown we are finally getting back into traveling.
Recent trips = Portugal in 06, Margarita Island (Ven), & Germany for Octoberfest in 07, Cuba, Las Vegas and Cancun in 08, back to Vegas and England in 09, Spain in February 2010 and Puerto Vallarta in December.
Traveled Europe By bike when I was a kid and by railpass with my wife before we started our family. Now the kids are grown and we are hitting the road as the opportunities present.
The world awaits..
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 12 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on mim95's profile page
- Posted in Travel Costa Rica Forum "Rent a car in costa rica?"
- updated a Turkey Travel Page "A taste of Agean Turkey during a cool spring."
- Uploaded a Photo to "A taste of Agean Turkey during a cool spring."
- Uploaded a Video to Canakkale
updated their Profile Page "Oldguy's travels"
- Wrote a Review Airport shops about Airplane in Puerto Vallarta Transportation
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Tangier Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Turkey Intro, 3 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 3 photos
- Las Vegas 2 reviews
- United States of America 1 review
- Canada 1 review
- Scotland 1 review
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos