"Brasov" Brasov by Nobbe
Brasov Travel Guide: 649 reviews and 1,779 photos
Located in the heart of Romania, at a distance of 140 km northwest of the capital Bucharest, Brasov is part of the region of Transylvania. Brasov is also known by the German name of Kronstadt. The city of Brasov boasts of a rich historic heritage. It was founded in AD 1211 by the order of the Teutonic knights. Surrounded on three sides by mountains, it was a perfect place for a medieval settlement. It was an important centre of resistance against foreign invaders during the turbulent medieval period. The entire county of Brasov is dotted with a number of monuments that reflect the cultural as well as historical importance of the place.
Here: Ecaterina's Gate
The Black Church is one of the most important and doubtlessly the most imposing monument built by the German people... more travel advice
In the area of Piata Sfatului you will find plenty of small restaurants if you're feeling hungry during your stay. more travel advice
Nobbe's Related Pages
Brasov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brasov - The heart of Transylvania"
- "Brasov / Kronstadt"
- "Buna ziua, Brasov!"
- "We can't stop here. This is bear country."
- "Braşov - Heart of Transylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brasov
- Hotels in Brasov
- Transportation in Brasov
- Nightlife in Brasov
- Restaurants in Brasov
- Shopping in Brasov
- Warnings and Dangers in Brasov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brasov
- 18 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Brasov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brasov
Photos in BrasovSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 152 photos, 6 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 42 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 11 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues