"Carlow" Top 5 Page for this destination Carlow by Nobbe
Carlow Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 54 photos
Carlow town is the county seat of Carlow county, a bustling market town with an ancient history and tradition. The town, established by the Anglo-Normans in the twelveth century, is on the banks of the Barrow river at the northwest edge of the county. The castle on the photo above withstood a siege by Cromwell's troops in 1650. In 1814, during an attempt to renovate the castle for use as a mental asylum, much of the castle was accidentally destroyed, to leave just the west wall and the two flanking towers.
Carlow Town is the capital of County Carlow and this town has the name of being the Celtic Centre of Ireland. Carlow was... more travel advice
You'll find plenty of shops in the town centre. Cannot remember anyone special. more travel advice
Nobbe's Related Pages
Carlow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There's no place like home!"
- "Carlow, a heritage town"
- "HMMMMMM MIXED FEELINGS"
- "Mountainous area near my home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carlow
- Hotels in Carlow
- Nightlife in Carlow
- Restaurants in Carlow
- Shopping in Carlow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carlow
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Carlow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carlow
Photos in CarlowSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 152 photos, 6 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 42 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 11 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues