"Wexford" Top 5 Page for this destination Wexford by Nobbe
Wexford Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 211 photos
The Vikings are accredited with introducing towns to Ireland, and Wexford was among the first, dating back to the early 900's. The Viking ancestry is frequently being proven by archaeological finds within the town. From marauding warriors, the Vikings became citizens and traders of early Wexford and their legacy includes the narrow winding streets and the town's name, Wexford, derived from the Norse, Weissfiord - inlet of the mudflats.
In unsettled times Irish round towers provided secure refuge for people and possessions. Their doorways could be up to 5... more travel advice
The house were rectangular, with post and battle walls and a hipped roof. Inside, a central aisle ran from front to... more travel advice
Nobbe's Related Pages
Wexford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Strawberry Fields Forever"
- "If you ever go across the sea to Ireland........."
- "My Second Home"
- "Thatched Cottages of Wexford"
- "Wexford Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wexford
- Hotels in Wexford
- Transportation in Wexford
- Nightlife in Wexford
- Restaurants in Wexford
- Shopping in Wexford
- Warnings and Dangers in Wexford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wexford
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Wexford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wexford
Top 10 Pages
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 152 photos, 6 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 42 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 11 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues