"Cape Tribulation" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation by Silvertraveller
Cape Tribulation Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 164 photos
Cape Tribulation is a Rainforest - just so you are clear it is a RAIN FOREST that means that it rains, so if you expect a golden beach sun blaring place this is not it. If you get one of those days lucky you. After crossing the Daintree River on the Car Ferry you are in an amazing place that is regarded as the oldest living rainforest in the world.
Rich in Aboriginal history it was never the home to our indigenous brothers but more of a meeting place (probably has something to do with the 7metres of rainfall per year) 20 years ago it was a meeting place for hippys and marijuana plantations. They built a road, created a World Heritage listed area and now 4 hotels a supermarket, general store, pharmacy and a restaurant now are in the area.
65 residents in the wet season call Cape Trib home, a great mix of genuine people who you seem to never see but are all around.
If you want to visit a part of history that will still look the same as it did some 100 million years ago this is the place to go.
- Pros:Amazingly beautiful
- Cons:The Rain
- In a nutshell:Where the Rainforest meets the Reef
Please be advised that it can rain up to 250mm in a day at Cape Trib from Mar - Jun. The beaches during this time are... more travel advice
"Fernies" Is very clean and affordable for the traveller who likes cleanliness and access to the local sights. With 48... more travel advice
Silvertraveller's Related Pages
Cape Tribulation Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Tribulation,Daintree Rainforest."
- "Cape Tribulation"
- "Cape Tribulation - Stunning Beaches & Rainforest"
- "Totaly tropical taste"
- "End of the (paved) road"
- "Cape Tribulation - Daintree Rainforest"
- "CAPE TRIBULATION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Tribulation
- Hotels in Cape Tribulation
- Transportation in Cape Tribulation
- Nightlife in Cape Tribulation
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Tribulation
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Tribulation
- 9 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cape Tribulation?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Tribulation
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Broome 6 reviews
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.