"Rottweil - oldest town in southwest Germany!" Rottweil by Kid-A
Rottweil Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 73 photos
This town is small (population of about 25,000), old (founded by Romans in 73 A.D.) and beautiful. It's worth a quick stop if you're in the area.
After checking the place out, I saw many of the buildings in the town center date from the 1500s.
I don't have much else to add, as it was only a very short visit on a Sunday, but check out my travelogue photos.
Interesting fact: the Rottweiler dog is named after this town; it used to be a butcher's dog in the region.
It towers over the town :) It was first used as a lookout. Now they have small social gatherings up on the hill where... more travel advice
Kid-A's Related Pages
Rottweil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rottweil - oldest town in southwest Germany!"
- "Rottweil - Capital Of Alemannic Fastnacht"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rottweil
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Rottweil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rottweil
Photos in RottweilSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaiserslautern Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ile de Jerba Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livingstone Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaborone Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Izmir Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rosmalen Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos