"Villingen, not Schwenningen" Villingen-Schwenningen by Kid-A
Villingen-Schwenningen Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 115 photos
Villingen-Schwenningen is one of those mergers the Germans do. For example, I play tennis in Ramstein village sometimes. But it's not called Ramstein, it's Ramstein-Miesenbach.
So, as part of the Baden-Württemberg territorial reform of 1972, Villingen and Schwenningen were merged with a number of surrounding villages to form the city of Villingen-Schwenningen. Nevertheless, the two halves of the city are separated by a plateau and remain distinct.
And I found Villingen nicer than Schwenningen on a recent weekend visit through the black forest region.
Villingen's old city walls remain, and gates like the one in this photo allow you entry into the old part of the city.
Kid-A's Related Pages
Villingen-Schwenningen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fastnacht in Villingen"
- "Villingen and more..."
- "Villingen, not Schwenningen"
- "Frischauf mein Bad'ner Land!"
- "Villingen-Schwenningen 2010"
- "such a beautiful city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Hotels in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Nightlife in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Restaurants in Villingen-Schwenningen
- Warnings and Dangers in Villingen-Schwenningen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villingen-Schwenningen
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Villingen-Schwenningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villingen-Schwenningen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaiserslautern Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ile de Jerba Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livingstone Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaborone Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Izmir Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rosmalen Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos