"A pleasant, small, welcoming town" Top 5 Page for this destination Livingstone by Kid-A
Livingstone Travel Guide: 178 reviews and 537 photos
Livingstone is a historic colonial city and present capital of the Southern Province of Zambia, a tourism centre for Mosi-oa-Tunya park (which includes Victoria Falls - one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!) lying 10 km south on the Zambezi River. It's also a border town with road and rail connections to Zimbabwe on the other side of the Falls. Its population was estimated in 2002 at 97,000.
My colleagues and I commented that we've never met an unfriendly African, and that held true in Livingstone. What a wonderfully charming little city! :)
Of course, the main reason we ventured down to Livingstone was to see Victoria Falls. On this page, you'll see lots and lots of photos of the falls as I get time to load them.
It was impressive to say the least -- enjoy!
Zambia's national tourism board website:
Livingstone tourism board website:
Bus services between Livingstone and Lusaka are really good, thanks to Mazhandu Family Bus Services. There are other... more travel advice
Don't worry, if you forgot to bring along a hilarious travel book by Bill Bryson, the Exclusive Books store in the... more travel advice
Kid-A's Related Pages
Livingstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Livingstone – The Smoke that Thunders"
- "NOT NICE, BUT THE ECONOMY WORKS"
- "A pleasant, small, welcoming town"
- "Laid-back Livingstone"
- "Livingstone town"
- "Primary Attraction is the Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Livingstone
- Hotels in Livingstone
- Transportation in Livingstone
- Nightlife in Livingstone
- Restaurants in Livingstone
- Shopping in Livingstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Livingstone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Livingstone
- 13 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Livingstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Livingstone
Photos in LivingstoneSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaiserslautern Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ile de Jerba Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livingstone Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaborone Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Izmir Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rosmalen Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gouvernorat de Tataouine Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos