"Rio - inside my heart forever" malka12's Profile

Santa Teresa -The best view of the Best Rio

Take the tram at city center (lapa), don't be afraid - a lot of tourists do the same. Use a regular digital camera (don't be afraid doesn't mean "abuse" your security).
Ask how to go to Paineiras!
From there you can see most of the beautifull sites that you dream in Rio: The Christ, The Sugar Loaf, Copacabana, the Rio-Niteroi Bridge.
You can also make a helicopter trip from there.
At Santa Teresa itself there is a lot of artist's galeries and some ineteresting buildings.

Maracana - The soccer stadium

For those who love the game, don't miss the chance ! every sunday afternoon. Come like the "natives" : havaianas sandals, T shirt and bermudas. With small amount of money and WITHOUT any signs of being a tourist (cameras,etc.). Enjoy the people, the game and the gooooaaallll!!
Sorry I don't have any photos!!!

Christ the redemer Statue

One of the 7new wonders, a fantastic statue, in one of highest places in Rio. Every place you are in "tourist" Rio you can see him !
The best way to go there is taking the Corcovado Train at Horto. The Train cross the Atlantic Forest in his way up, generally a samba group give the rithm. You can also cross the Tijuca Forest by car .
It's plenty of tourists, and you can bring your cameras, but be aware to pickpockets.

• Intro Updated Aug 25, 2007

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Happy Birthday

• ladysail's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Malka, I'm so happy that you enjoyed your visit to Ottawa. I quite like this city as well.
    I was in Rio de Janerio in March 2008...but it doesn't seem that long ago. I was enthralled by the liveliness of it all. We spent 3 days with a tour guide and saw it all. I went over to Niteroi on my own... I'll always have very fond memories of your city too.

• ahluwalia_deepak's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Hi, How was the trip to India ?

• leics's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Malka, I'm really pleased you had an excellent trip to Rome..and even more pleased that the Domus was as good as when I stayed there!. :-) J

• Freebeacher's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Thanks for the tram photo-I like trams. There are many in San Francisco! You should see them.

• earthflyer's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Thanks for the visit and safe and happy travels in India

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
malka12's Profile Photo

malka12

“To feel the Places, to fill myself”

Ranked Member