"Kastamonu (Evliyalar sehri=Saints city)" Kastamonu Ili by Tuna_ank
Kastamonu Ili Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 204 photos
Kastamonu is a small, cute Blacksea city. You may see many old houses, mosques here. You may ski at Ilgaz mountain. Atatürk's hat revolution started in this city.(23 august 1925) At 1919, first woman meeting was here.
Kastamonu is a very historical city. 18th century BC- Hittites, 13th BC-Phrygians, 7th century BC-Lydians. -Macedonians- Pontus kingdom in 1st century BC- The Roman Empire -Seljuk dynasty 11th century AD, followed by the Danishmends, the Byzantines during the crusades, Çobanoðlu and Candaroglu beyliks. The Ottoman sultan Beyazid I conquered the province in 1392 however, following his capture and death in Battle of Ankara, the area was granted back to the Candaroglu by the Mongol Timur Lenk. Ottoman sultan Mehmed II incorporated the region back to the empire in 1461. The Danishmend dynasty was a Turcoman dynasty ruling in eastern Anatolia in the 11th and 12th centuries...
This city has many Külliyes. (Islamic Ottoman social komplex) because of many saints.
This page is not Turkish but worth to see.:
inebolu Honour and Courage Day inebolu 9-11 June
Cabotage and Maritime Day inebolu 1 July
Yakaören Cabotage Celebrations Bozkurt First Sunday of July
Victory Cup Horse Races Daday 30 August
Kastamonu and Head Gear and Costume Reform 23-31 August
International Culture - Garlic and Flex Festival Taþköprü 7-11 September
Sari Yazma Culture and Art Festival Cide
Ginolu Silverfish Festival Çatalzeytin 15-17 July
Sugla/Dogada Yearning Day Feast 28-30 July
Cide Rifat Ilgaz Culture and Art Festival 2 -8 July
Traditional Devrekani Çayircik Fetih Feast 9 June
Art and Rice Festival Tosya 25-28 September
Marine Festivities and Culture and Art Festival Abana 25-27 July
Aðlý Fair Aðlý Starts on first Wednesday of September
Hanönü (Gökagaç) Fair Hanönü 7-11 October
If you have a car you may stop at this old hotel and stay one night and enjoy the view. Ataturk and many warriors stayed... more travel advice
From Ankara you may reach there in 3,5 hours. more travel advice
Tuna_ank's Related Pages
Kastamonu Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kastamonu (Evliyalar sehri=Saints city)"
- "k a s t a m o n u"
- "One province hosting 2 national parks."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kastamonu Ili
- Hotels in Kastamonu Ili
- Transportation in Kastamonu Ili
- Restaurants in Kastamonu Ili
- Shopping in Kastamonu Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Kastamonu Ili
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kastamonu Ili
- 20 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kastamonu Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kastamonu Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ankara Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 6 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Kars Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bursa Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Edirne Intro, 4 reviews, 71 photos, 7 travelogues
- Tarsus Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burdur Ili Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 2 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues