"Cilicia,Mazak,Eusebia,Caesarea, Kaisariya, KAYSERi" Kayseri Ili by Tuna_ank
Kayseri Ili Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 216 photos
Kayseri's history goes back to the early Hitites period. The Kültepe area was inhabited from the Chalcolithic age to the end of the Roman period. It was the capital of Kanesh and Karum kingdoms. It was also capital at Capadocia kingdom.
I advice to see many things:
-The museum of city and Mmiar (architect) Sinan
-Hunat (hatun) mosque, medrese and tomb.
-Güpgüpoglu konagi+ethnographical museum
-Gülük,Kursunlu, Ulu mosques
-Gevher Nesibe-First medicak school at Anatolia and Europe
-Kümbets:Döner kümbet, Çifte kümbet vs.
-Surp Kirkor Lusovoric church
-Clock tower and information center
-Kayseri high school and museum
Also you may visit some towns.
-Germir: Beautiful old church
-Gesi: Bird huses
-Talas:Rum church, American college (for view)
-Agirnas-Architect Sinan's house, fountains, underground city
-Erciyes mountain and ski center
Kayseri famous with Bünyan and Yahyali carpets.
Some food also famous in Kayseri. Especially manti and pastirma(pastramy) and sucuk(sausage). You may also eat börek, pide, yaglama etc...
Sultan Giyaseddin Keyhusrev's sister Gevher Nesibe's last will was free hospital and medical school. It was the first... more travel advice
Incredible architect Mimar Sinan lived 20 years in this town. His house is interesting. They used underground part and... more travel advice
Tuna_ank's Related Pages
Kayseri Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cilicia,Mazak,Eusebia,Caesarea, Kaisariya, KAYSERi"
- "Amazing Landscape Ürgüp - Nevþehir -Göreme"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kayseri Ili
- Hotels in Kayseri Ili
- Transportation in Kayseri Ili
- Restaurants in Kayseri Ili
- Shopping in Kayseri Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Kayseri Ili
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kayseri Ili
- 14 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kayseri Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kayseri Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ankara Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 6 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Kars Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bursa Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Tarsus Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burdur Ili Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 2 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues