"Kütahya-A small anatolian city" Kutahya Ili by Tuna_ank
Kutahya Ili Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 70 photos
Kutahya is somewhere between Istanbul and Ankara, very close to Eskisehir.
Kütahya's well-preserved site of Aizanoi is located at Çavdarhisar, 54 km south-west of Kütahya. It has important Roman remains and was the site of an early Christian bishopric. Among the Roman buildings are the Temple of Zeus (with barrel-vaulted substructure devoted to the worship of Kybele), bath buildings and stadium with a theatre attached at the north end. Some people says "2. Ephesus" for here. You can see also the first Stock exchange building in the world here. First settlers date back to the chalcolithic age. Then Hitites, Phrygians, Kimmerians, Lydian, Persians, Galatians, Romans, Byzanthine, Seljuk, Germiyanoglullari, Ottomans, Greek for 2 years and since 1923 Turkish again...
Kutahya famous with special design ceramics. Tile museum is unique in the world. You may also see on many buildings as a tile.
Germiyan street is full with many ancient buildings. I also advice to see Kutahya lisesi (high school) building and ...
Kutahya is somewhere between Istanbul and Ankara, very close to Eskisehir. Kütahya's well-preserved site of Aizanoi is... more travel advice
Tuna_ank's Related Pages
Kutahya Ili Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kutahya Ili
- 10 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kutahya Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kutahya Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ankara Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 6 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Kars Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bursa Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Edirne Intro, 4 reviews, 71 photos, 7 travelogues
- Tarsus Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burdur Ili Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 2 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues